Director of Quality Assurance
The Maintenance, reporting to the Director of Quality Assurance, will perform basic maintenance and repair tasks, complete routine maintenance log + audits, and may assist other skilled workers with HVAC, carpentry, electrical, or general building/facility maintenance projects.
Duties and responsibilities
The position requires an employee to perform essential functions of the job, including but not limited to the following duties:
- Welding and machine maintenance as needed for manufacturing equipment.
- Check machines daily to ensure equipment is in prime condition for operation.
- Complete scheduled routine maintenance and complete corresponding paperwork.
- Report to Director of Quality assurance at clock-in and before clock-out to make sure all tasks for the day are complete.
- Disassemble damaged and broken equipment so that it can be more easily repaired, then reassemble pieces after repair work has been successfully completed.
- Maintain grounds and common areas to ensure they are operational, safe and clean.
- Receive deliveries of tools, equipment and supplies and transfer them to work stations or other areas as dictated by management.
- Hold or hand off tools, equipment and parts to workers who are actively working on maintenance or repairs.
- Examine machinery to ensure that it is functioning properly and to check for defects in components or parts.
- Move or position vehicles, physical structures and other equipment to ensure easy access for workers who will be installing or assembling them.
- Use hand or power tools to disconnect, connect or adjust tubing, wiring and other parts as needed.
- Receive work orders and determine what parts, equipment and services are needed to perform necessary maintenance and repair work.
- Other related tasks
- High school diploma preferred, not required
- Knowledge of basic maintenance functions, including basic electric, HVAC, general maintenance or other relevant trade experience; preferred not required
- Organizational skills
The position requires that an employee be capable of the following:
- Ability to lift up to 30 lbs. on a regular basis and up to 50 lbs. on an occasional basis.
- Must be able to work with minimal supervision.
- Must be able to work well with others in a team atmosphere.
- Must be able to stand, walk, climb, reach, lift, carry, pull, push, grasp, stoop, squat, bend and stretch as needed throughout the shift.
- Must be able to read, write, and understand instructions, warnings, labels and postings in English effectively.
- Must be able to withstand extreme heat or cold.
- Ability to perform repetitive motion tasks - primarily manual tasks - at a fast pace in a standing position for the entire shift.